The Kyūshū J7W1 Shinden ""Magnificent Lightning"" fighter was a World War II Japanese propeller-driven aircraft prototype that was built in a canard design. The wings were attached to the tail section and stabilizers were on the front. The propeller was also in the rear, in a pusher configuration. It was expected to be a highly maneuverable interceptor, but only two were finished before the end of war. Plans were also drawn up for a jet-powered version (J7W2 Shinden-Kai), but this never left the drawing board. The J designation was used by land based fighters of the Imperial Japanese Navy and the W is for Watanabe, the company awarded the contract (though the factory changed its name in 1943 to Kyūshū).