The Kato Chicago & North Western CNW "400" EMD E8A and 5-Car Train-Only Set brings a popular small streamliner to your N Scale railroad or passenger train collection. The Chicago & North Western 400 Series Trains were named for the concept of a "400 mile trip in 400 minutes," with one of the most well-known examples being the Twin Cities 400 between Chicago and Minneapolis-St. Paul. Walthers Part # 381-106104 KATO Part# 106-104 Pullman-Standard Bi-Level Passenger Cars started their operation on the "Flambeau 400" and the "Peninsula 400" trains in 1958. In addition to the bi-level coaches, these two 400 trains also included special bi-level parlor car and a coach-buffet cars to distinguish the service level from regular CNW commuter trains and meet the rider's needs on the longer distance trips. The cars feature detailed, injection-molded bodies with correct window configurations, interior seats, metal wheels with electrical pickups, Kato magnetic knuckle couplers and accurate decoration. The "400" set includes: EMD E8A 5022-A and Pullman Bi-Level Coach-Buffet 903, 4-Window Coach 700, 4-Window Coach 705, Coach-Parlor Car 6400 and Cab-Coach 154. The six pieces are packaged in a Kato bookcase-style box designed for safe transport and storage. If you like modeling Chicago commuter service, the E unit and a shortened consist with the two coaches and cab car makes a great addition to your commuter fleet. For longer peak-season trains, combine sets and add anadditional E8 with a different roadnumber.The Chicago & North Western CNW "400" EMD E8A and 5-Car Set is a great stand-alone train or addition to your passenger fleet! This CNW "400" set is ready-to-run on your standard DC layout but can be converted to DCC when you're ready (decoder sold separately).
- Locomotive:Equipped with a mix of body and truck mounted KATO magnetic knuckle couplers
- Locomotive:Directional Golden White LED headlights and prototypical blanked out numberboards
- Locomotive:Drop in DCC compatible
- Cars:Brand new tooling Bi-Level Cars, available in C&NW paint exclusively through this train set
- Cars:Smooth rolling blackened metal wheels with all-wheel electrical pickup
- Cars:Ability to be lit with optional 11-211/212 Version 2 LED Interior lighting kits
- Cars:Prototypical directional head and tail lights on the Cab-Coach