Fish & Count Learning Game
Shipping calculated at checkout.
Melissa & Doug K's Kids toys nurture early childhood development in three key skill areas: physical, cognitive, and social. With interactive designs and multisensory features, K's Kids promotes constructive play and effortless learning, keeping interest high and new skills flourishing throughout the baby and toddler years! Fill the pond with "fish," hold the squeezable rod, and reel in fun and learning with every cast! The "game" in Fish & Count Game is simple: Just lower the self-stick bait into the fishing pond, let it attach to one of the felted pieces, and lift out your catch. But the detail-packed printed fabrics and colorful, shaped pieces also offer unlimited opportunities for counting, sorting, matching, color identification, size comparisons, storytelling, and all kinds of imaginative play. This engaging preschool play set is truly adaptable for any age, letting kids draw from the information-rich illustrations on the reversible pool to help structure their own games and learning activities. Great for hand-eye coordination, finger strength, cognitive skills, and so much more! Extension Activities: More Ways to Play and Learn:
- 12 MONTHS AND UP: Place all the pieces in the pool and invite the child to dump them out. Then ask the child to place the pieces back inside the pool.
- Help the child identify the different colors of the pieces. Say a color name aloud and guide the child's hand to point to a piece of that color.
- Place the sea-creature pieces felt-side-up in the pool to make them easier to catch, and encourage the child to "go fish," by grasping the worm and sticking it to a sea creature.
- 18 MONTHS AND UP: Help the child place the shape pieces to match the shapes printed on the bottom of the pool.
- Help the child learn the name of the shapes by saying each one aloud as you point to it on the toy.
- Identify different sea creatures, such as fish, crab, octopus, and turtle. Ask the child to point to them as you name them.
- 24 MONTHS AND UP: Place the four large pieces on a flat play surface in front of the child. Hand the child one of the smaller pieces and ask the child to pair it with its parent.
- Arrange the pieces in a straight row and help the child count to eight, pointing to the numbered pieces as you go.
- Place the sea-creature pieces felt-side-up in the pool, and encourage the child to use the fishing rod to catch specific fish that you describe.
Dimensions: 13" x 10" x 4" Packaged