This is a highly detailed model of the WWII German tank destroyer Nashorn. The full size vehicle featured an 8.8cm gun also known as a PAK 43 and it was fitted to the upper surface of a light turret less chassis. Even though the vehicle was lightly armored, the PAK43 weapon was capable of penetrating 190mm of armor at 1,000 meters. The Nashorn saw action with German heavy antitank battalions fighting Soviet and Allied forces during much of the conflict. Due to its relatively low cost and superior mobility compared to heavier tanks it remained in production until the end of WWII war.
- This is a 1/35 scale plastic model assembly kit. Length: 241mm, Width: 84mm.
- Extensive research and study of actual vehicles led to this accurate recreation of the imposing form of the Nashorn with long 8.8cm main gun.
- Features of post-May 1943 vehicles such as late production gun travel lock, muffler-less exhaust pipes and more are faithfully depicted.
- Metal parts are used to allow realistic elevation and depression of the main gun.
- Belt-type tracks.
- 4 figures in winter uniform are included, and can be placed in the large fighting compartment to add a further air of authenticity to the model.
- Comes with 3 marking options, including Eastern Front vehicle markings.