The P-47 was the first single-seated fighter to be equipped with a supercharger paired with a 2000hp engine, allowing it to fly at the same high altitude as bombers. Armed with eight 12.7mm machine guns, the Thunderbolt, with the P-51 Mustang, constituted the main fighters of the US Army Air Force. This is the representation of P-47D early production that was nicknamed "razorback" because of the shape of its upper fuselage behind the cockpit. The P-47D was a high-speed, high-altitude capable fighter and escorted the allied bombers that were conducting raids over Germany. Its 1-ton payload and its robustness made the Thunderbolt the perfect aircraft for ground attack missions.
- Sharp design of rear fuselage accurately reproduced.
- Unique belly shape perfectly replicated thanks to left-right symmetrical construction.
- Joining beams are used to attach wings to the fuselage, ensuring an accurate wing angle.
- Accessories include 2 x 108 gallon tanks, 2 x 500 pound bombs, and 2 x M10 rocket launchers.
- For extra accuracy, the kit comes with two different propellers to match decal markings.
- Decals for 2 fighter groups, including one from Europe and one from the Pacific.
Warning: This product can expose you to substances known to the State of California to cause harm. Click here for more details.