First Edition, numbered 1954 and signed by the author. Copyright 1979 by Michael Koch. Published by World Press, Denver, Colorado. 526 pages.
A Saga of the Forest Railroads.
Part I Tools and Techniques
- In The Beginning
- Early Logging Practices
- Steam in the Timber
- Paul Bunyan's Iron Horses
- The Ingenuity of the Timbermen
- The End of an Era
Part II The Geography of Forest Railroads
- New England and Eastern Canada
- The Middle Atlantic States
- The Lake States and Ontario
- The Central States
- The South
- The Rocky Mountains
- The Pacific Coast States and Nevada
- Western Canada and Alaska
Profusely illustrated throughout. 12 color "delineated paintings" and 22 "superlative line drawings" by renowned railroad artist Richard Ward.
Estate sale item from a private collection, near mint condition. Not returnable.