This kit updates the popular British Matilda (Item 35300) with parts to recreate a Soviet-spec Matilda. The tank itself was a durable, heavy design with 2-pounder gun that was well-suited to the slower infantry tank role in British armor doctrine. Eventually, the Matilda was replaced by the Valentine. Like the Valentine, it was supplied to Soviet forces under a lend-lease scheme. Around 1,000 were provided; they were generally given new tracks and simplified suspension with bogie skids, re-designed side skirts, and other modifications. Soviet-design assembly track parts Suspension bogie skid parts Solid (no slits) hull front locker hatches 2 Red Army torso figures 2 Red Army marking options
- 1/35 Construction type Assembly kit Photo-etch parts Not included Decals Included
- Length: 174mm.
- The form of the Matilda is richly reproduced based on a detailed study of the actual tank.
- The turret, gun mantlet, and front hull feature a realistic cast metal texture.
- Link type assembly parts recreate the tracks (69 links per side).
- Parts are included to recreate the bogie skids in the suspension, while side skirts are newly re-designed to accurately reflect those on Red Army Matilda?s.
- Hull front locker hatches are the slit-less type.
- Comes with 2 Red Army torso figures (driver, commander), and 2 Red Army Matilda marking options.