WalthersMainline 85' General American G85 Flatcar is based on a widely used car built in the 1960s by General American. The prototypes handled 40', 45', and 48' trailers and 20' and 40' containers from 1961 to the 1980s. The cars appeared in passenger consists in the 1960s hauling expedited trailers and containers, and some were used for trailer-on-flatcar (TOFC) and container-on-flatcar (COFC) service into the late 2000s. This HO Scale model is available in five different body configurations for each roadname and era, with trailer hitches for piggyback TOFC or container pedestals for COFC service as appropriate. The 85' General American G85 Flatcar comes fully weighted for great performance loaded or empty, features underbody details with brake gear, and is equipped with 70-ton roller bearing trucks, 33" RP-25 turned-metal wheels, and Proto MAX(TM) metal knuckle couplers.
- Prototypes handled trailers and containers from 1961 to the late 2000s
- Several different size nameplates to match prototype cars
- Equipped with General American (GATC) hitches in both up and down positions or container pedestals as appropriate
- Heavy die-cast metal center sill for excellent performance empty or loaded
- Detailed underbody with brake gear
- 70-Ton roller bearing trucks
- Correct 33" RP-25 turned metal wheelsets
- Proto MAX(TM) metal knuckle couplers
- Add more realism in minutes with SceneMaster(TM) trailers and containers (sold separately)
The roadnumbers in the images may be incorrect.