This easy-to-build HO Scale ACF 2-Bay Covered Hopper plastic car kit from Accurail features a one-piece body with details molded in place. It's based on a very widely used car built beginning in the 1960s and still in use today, making it a great addition to your diesel-era freight trains. Decorated models feature authentic paint and lettering schemes with end reporting marks. In addition, the trucks feature nonmagnetic axles, and engineering plastic wheels. The car features pre-drilled holes for the supplied AccuMate(R) magnetic knuckle couplers as well as alternate holes for AccuMate PROTO scale-sized couplers. This kit is ideal for novice builders or seasoned modelers looking to expand their car fleets. The ACF 2-Bay Covered Hopper is one of many Accurail hopper car kits.
- Easy-to-assemble kit
- Highly-detailed injection-molded body and subframe
- Weight is included to bring to NMRA standards
- Sharp lettering and graphics
- Authentic body color and paint schemes
- Accurail plastic trucks with Delrin (plastic) wheels (can easily be switched out to metal wheels for extra smooth rolling and realism)
- Accumate plastic knuckle couplers (can easily be switched out for the Kadee or other knuckle couplers of your choice)