Even if you've never flown a radio controlled (RC) airplane before, the HobbyZone Apprentice S 2 1.2m is designed to make learning to fly with a more "traditional" trainer easy and fun! It's an updated version of one of our best-selling trainer aircraft – the Mini Apprentice S 1.2m – and is scaled down from the larger E-flite Apprentice STS 1.5m design so it's more affordable and more convenient to fly at large parks and sports fields in addition to typical RC flying fields. The Apprentice S 2 is equipped with Horizon Hobby's exclusive and innovative SAFE technology, making it possible for almost anyone to learn to fly successfully. Beneath its durable exterior, pilots will find an efficient brushless motor along with a telemetry-capable ESC plus a factory-installed receiver and servos. The wide-stance tricycle landing gear with a steerable nose wheel and oversized tires offers improved ground handling for easier take offs and landings. Optional floats can also be installed for takeoffs from and landings on water!
- Scaled down from one of the best platforms ever designed for learning to fly radio controlled (RC) airplanes—the E-flite Apprentice STS 1.5m
- The best and most convenient traditional trainer for first-time pilots and experienced pilots who teach others to fly
- Equipped with exclusive SAFE technology that helps prevent crashes and makes it easy to learn how to fly
- Beginner, Intermediate and Experienced flight modes you can easily change between at the flip of a switch
- Panic Recovery mode at the push of a button to prevent loss of control and crashes
- Includes almost everything needed to fly except for a compatible LiPo battery and charger (sold separately)
- Spektrum DXS controller/transmitter with industry-leading DSMX 2.4GHz technology for reliable control without interference
- Spektrum AR631 receiver with fly-by range telemetry and industry-leading DSMX technology
- Use a 3S 1300mAh battery for great performance overall, or a 3S 2200mAh battery for more flight time
- Powerful and efficient brushless power system including a 30-amp telemetry-capable ESC
- 4-channel control with four factory-installed servos for training to full aerobatic capability
- Capable of aerobatic maneuvers including loops, rolls and upside down (inverted) flight
- Tricycle landing gear with steerable nose wheel for operation from a variety of surfaces
- Lightweight yet extremely durable EPO construction perfect for first-time pilots
- Quick and easy assembly—no glue or special tools required
- Full line of replacement/spare parts available
- Optional floats available for flying from water (sold separately)
- Practice flying this aircraft in the RealFlight simulator (sold separately)
Welcome to the exciting world of RC (Radio Controlled) flight! If you've ever dreamed of taking to the skies, Horizon Hobby has you covered. We are committed to engineering aircraft that you can learn to fly with successfully even if you've never flown RC before. Every HobbyZone aircraft we offer features industry-leading design and technology developed by experts to keep you in control and learning at your own pace so you can turn your dreams of flight into a reality!
The HobbyZone Apprentice S 2 1.2m is the perfect trainer because it makes learning to fly an RC airplane easier and more fun than ever before! Featuring a more "traditional" trainer design, the Apprentice S 2 is ready to help aspiring pilots get flying in almost no time at all. It's equipped with exclusive SAFE (Sensor Assisted Flight Envelope) technology that helps to prevent overcontrol, loss of orientation and crashes so nearly everyone can learn to fly successfully. Beginner, Intermediate and Experienced modes allow you to choose the level of stability and control you need, or are ready to try, at the flip of a switch. And you can instantly return to steady flight using Panic Recovery mode with the push of a button! Oversized tires and a steerable nose wheel make it easy to take off from and land on a variety of surfaces including grass at large parks, sports and other suitable flying fields. Or you can install the optional floats to fly from water—which adds to its versatility and capabilities!
The Ready-To-Fly (RTF) Basic version includes everything needed to fly in one box except for a battery and charger. This allows you to choose a convenient and money-saving Spektrum™ Powerstage bundle or the separate battery and charger you prefer! Plus the included Spektrum DXS 2.4GHz transmitter can be used with other Bind-N-Fly (BNF) and BNF Basic aircraft after you learn to fly the Apprentice S 2 successfully! A BNF Basic version is also available for experienced pilots who want to use their favorite Spektrum transmitter along with batteries and chargers they may already own. And for both versions, the powerful and efficient brushless power system including a telemetry-capable ESC, receiver and servos, are all factory-installed in the durable EPO airframe that assembles quickly and easily without the need for glue or special tools.
And the fun doesn't stop after you learn how to fly! In the Experienced Mode, the Apprentice S 2 is capable of performing aerobatic maneuvers including loops, rolls, inverted (upside down) flight and more. You can even use the same DXS transmitter that's included with the RTF Basic version, along with the same battery and charger you use for the Apprentice, to fly a variety of BNF Basic version "Next Step" aircraft including the E-flite T-28 Trojan 1.1m, the Valiant 1.3m and others!
You can also purchase the RealFlight Trainer Edition RC Flight Simulator and a Spektrum WS2000 Wireless Simulator Dongle (both sold separately) to fly this and other models using the transmitter included with the RTF Basic version! The simulator features many of the most popular Horizon Hobby trainer aircraft and built-in Virtual Flight Instructor lessons. This helps new pilots learn to fly successfully by practicing on a PC at home or on a laptop just about anywhere else!