Meeting all expectations set by its legendary name, the Gryphon model glider kit will be the “King of the Air”. The Gryphon itself can soar to the height of 700 feet on an A10-3T engine. Upon reaching apogee, a colourful streamer acts as a tracking and recovery device to show where the rocket will land. During that time, Gryphon’s stealthy glider moves magically across the sky to serve as a protector to everything below and will also gracefully return to earth to be readied for another flight.
Made from lightweight paper tubing and laser-cut balsa, the Gryphon is a great first step above a beginner rocket. In about two hours, plus painting time, rocketeers will build a rocket that will garner attention in both the air and when on display.
- Maximum height: 700ft
- Glider/Streamer Recovery
- Recommended Engines: A3-4T, 1/2 A3-2T, A10-3T
- Projected Max Altitude: 700 ft. (213 m)
- Recovery System: 12 in. (30.5 cm) Streamer
- Length: 18 in. (45.7 cm)
- Wingspan: 6 in. (15.2 cm)
- Diameter: .54 in. (14 mm)
- Estimated Weight: .6 oz. (17 g)
- Estimated Assembly Time: 2 Hours (painting and glue drying time not included)
- Fin Materials: Laser cut wood
- Decal Type: Waterslide
- Launch System: Porta Pad II and Electron Beam Launch Controller
- Launch Rod Size: 1/8"