The PS-2 2003 covered hopper found itself in bulk comodity service as it entered service in the 1950s. The most common service was cement and sand. Towards the end of their carreers, the PS-2 2003 covered hoppers were phased into limited non-interchange service hauling sand to different fuel bases for the parent railroad. Occassionally used as buffer cars in instances were a bulk load was not protected by a bulkhead, for example an uprotected lumber load on flat car would require a buffer car between the load and the locomotive.
- New road numbers
- Fully assembled and ready-to-run
- Photo-etched roof walks
- Precision machined metal wheels
- Body mounted McHenry scale knuckle spring couplers
- Highly-detailed, injection molded body
- Painted and printed for realistic decoration
- Weighted for trouble-free operation
- Machined metal wheels with RP25 contours operate on all popular brands of track
- Window packaging for easy viewing
- Interior plastic blister safely holds the model for convenient storage
Warning: This product can expose you to substances known to the State of California to cause harm. Click here for more details.