The workhorse of the exploration fleet and a marvel of dynamic engineering, the Destination Mars Mars Longship planetary transport is the lifeline connecting old Earth to new Mars! Add it to your Destination Mars fleet today! First deployed in 2052 to support the expanding Mars outpost, the Mars Longship carries crucial supplies and eager explorers from Earth to Mars orbit, completing a circuit between planets every 18 months. But to the Mars explorers the massive vessel is more than a cargo ship €“ with each return, it's a vital link to the old planet and a reminder of home.
- Recommended Engines: D12-3, E12-4
- Projected Max Altitude: 500 ft. (152 m)
- Recovery System: 18 in. (45.7 cm) Parachute
- Length: 27.2 in. (69.1 cm)
- Diameter: 1.33 in. (34 mm)
- Estimated Weight: 4.3 oz. (121.9 g)
- Estimated Assembly Time: 6 Hours (painting and glue drying time not included)
- Fin Materials: Laser cut wood
- Decal Type: Waterslide
- Age Recommendation: Estes model rocketry is recommended for boys and girls ages 10+ with adult supervision for those under 12, and rocketeers of all ages.