The Messerschmitt BF-109 was a standard German Luftwaffe single seat fighter for nearly a decade. It is believed that more than 33,000 of these fighters were produced between 1936 and the end of World War 2. During the war, the BF-109 fought on every front in which the Luftwaffe was engaged. The BF-109 first saw actual combat during the Spanish Civil War where it proved to be an effective weapon against the Russian Fighters of the Republic forces. The BF-109 was considered an excellent fighter since it handled well and possessed excellent low speed control response. The BF-109's were produced in quantity right up to the end of the war in 1945.
- Authentic scale airplane.
- Rubber powered (rubber band included).
- Light vacuum formed parts such as nose cowl, bubble canopy, and small external details.
- Genuine decal set.
- Scale plastic main wheels (where required).
- Plastic propeller.
- Plastic thrust bearing.
- Wire propeller shaft.
- Covering tissue.
- Razor sharp die-cut balsa parts and generous quantity of strip stock.
- Accurate scale plan and illustrated step-by-step model building booklet.