The General Electric P42, or "Genesis" is a modern 4200 horsepower passenger engine used across the US and Canada. Since their introduction, they've had a number of revisions for easier maintenance and parts replacement, including a bolt-on fiberglass nose panel (replacing the original's solid metal) and a new headlight bezel that's more rounded than the previous square versions.
- All locomotives equipped with body mounted KATO magnetic knuckle couplers
- Locomotives feature directional Golden White LED headlights and illuminated preprinted numberboards
- Locomotives have a powerful five pole motor with all wheel electrical pickup and blackened wheels
- Locomotives are DCC friendly
- Drop in DCC compatible with the Train Control Systems K0D8-A and Digitrax DN163K0A