The Curtiss P-40 was the only USAAF fighter available in quantity when the US entered WWII in 1941. By that time, the aircraft was almost obsolete compared to its adversaries but soldiered on throughout the war as various improvements were made in its design. The P-40E gained fame through its use by Gen Claire Chennault's Flying Tigers in China but the aircraft also saw service across the globe from Alaska to N. Africa.
- Detailed 1/72nd scale kit for static display only.
- 59 parts in light grey and clear with fine recessed panel lines.
- Detailed wheel wells and landing gear.
- Multi part canopy may be posed open or closed.
- Cockpit: features instrument panel, seat, control stick and floo rear armour plate.
- One drop tank and one bomb included.
- Detailed nose radiator assembly and exhaust stacks are separate to facilitate painting.