This is BLI's second production of the USRA Light and Heavy 2-8-2 designs in N scale, commonly called Heavy Mikados and Light Mikados! There were 233 original USRA Heavy 2-8-2's built plus another 957 copies, covering 23 railroads. It was an extremely successful design. The USRA Heavy Mikados used pretty much the same running gear as the Light Mik's, but the boilers were 10 inches larger in diameter and they had larger cylinders as well. Tractive effort was about 10% higher for the heavy 2-8-2's. As for the USRA Light Mikados, the USRA built 625 total, with 641 copies built after the USRA ended control. With copies, over 50 railroads used the USRA Light 2-8-2's. BLI's models follow the original designs closely. Railroad specific variations are not modeled on these locomotives. In most instances we offer two locomotive numbers for each railroad, and we are offering a painted model (black) with no lettering.
- Paragon4 Sound & Control System featuring ROLLING THUNDER
- Integral Dual-Mode Decoder with Back EMF for Superb Slow Speed Operation in DC and DCC
- Precision Drive Mechanism Engineered for Heavy Towing and Smooth Slow Speed Operation
- All Wheel Electrical Pick-up
- Die Cast Body with Die Cast Chassis for Maximum Tractive Effort
- Premium Caliber Painting
- Prototypically Accurate Paint Schemes and Road Numbers
- Many Separately Applied Details such as Handrails, Grab Irons, Piping, Whistle, and Bell
- Prototypical Headlight and Rear Light Operation
- Prototypically Accurate Sounds for the USRA 2-8-2s
- Operating Microtrains-compatible Couplers
- Will Operate on Code 55, Code 70, and Code 80 Rail
- Minimum Operating Radius: 9.75 inches
Roadnumber in the image may be incorrect.