North America demands a steady supply of electrical power, and much of it comes from up-to-date facilities like Walthers Cornerstone Metro Power and Light. Here, a steady stream of unit trains bring in clean-burning coal to feed the turbines that drive the generators. You'll also find a variety of air and water treatment equipment to reduce harmful emissions into the environment. Outside, clean, simple lines using colored steel panels produce a building that blends easily into the surrounding landscape.
Capturing the look of the real thing in a size that fits most layouts, your finished model will create lots of new operations for your railroad. The contemporary lines of Metro Power and Light will look great in any modern skyline. A tall smokestack and a variety of rooftop details add lots of interest to this impressive corrugated-metal building. As shown this easy-to-build generating plant kit measures: 13-7/8 x 10 x 13" 35.2 x 25.4 x 33cm
Metro Power and Light is just one of a wide variety of Cornerstone industrial buildings.
- Typical of 1970s-and-later coal-fired power plants
- Realistic design in a size that fits most layouts
- Detailed corrugated-metal siding
- Tall smokestack
- Molded in three colors and clear plastic
- Model a complete power grid with the Cornerstone Metro Power & Light (933-4052), Northern Light & Power Powerhouse (933-3021), Northern Light and Power Substation (933-3025), High-Voltage Transmission Tower (933-3121), SceneMaster Electric Utility Pole Set (949-4120) and assorted Utility Trucks (949-11636 to 11895), each sold separately